Our Personal Prayer Plan

I have found hearing and reading Joyce Meyer's online sermons and books really helpful, in my walk with God, even in its early days.

One thing that has stuck in my mind is that God can lead you to pray about situations, and, there are some things you just don't have the same level of passion for in prayer and that that's ok, because He has different prayer plans for different people. He has it all covered but you don't have to cover it all!

I noticed this too myself, when not so long ago I felt God urge me to pray about Syria before things really kicked off there, and I wasn't sure why. I didn't know much about the place, I knew there was bit of unrest there, but I couldn't work out why. So I prayed about a place I knew so little about, which is now domimating the news in terms of oppression and violence. It seems that now when I pray it is to have faith that God will work something this out of this and it will be for the best.

Then this weekend, I came back from a friends' birthday and I switched the television on, abnd i felt God tell me to pray again, I looked to my left and saw on BBC News that Fabrice Muamba had collapsed on a football pitch and was fighting for his life. I felt that that was thing I had to pray about and it seems hopeful things are coming out of it now... people are starting to talk openly about prayer for him and he is starting to recover.  I just hope that all will be well with him and if there are those who have turned to prayer for the first time, that they may do so again and find God in the process.

I feel that because this has happened twice now that this is no accident, and I wouldn't have been aware of how rewarding and unique your prayer life can be without having heard about this guidance we are given. It's almost like our prayer lives are as unique as the fingerprints God blessed us with, that if we follow God in what He asks us to pray for, it is easier to pray because he designed us to pray for certain things....

...And this is coming from someone who cannot sit still for long!

Comments

Popular Posts