God hasn't changed from when He first met with you and saved you

Sometimes, it's easy to let the ups and downs in life muddy who God really is, that He is the Author and Perfecter of your faith, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End and everything in between. Maybe some of you had a real moment in time - maybe it was dramatic, breaking through supernaturally into your life, overwhelming you with Pure Love. It's not always the way that it happens like this but either way it is easy to get tossed about by the waves, to feel that everyone else is leading this perfect life, that you are the outsider looking in, with struggles that only seem to define you and no one else you know.

This sort of thing happens to me at times, when I doubt who I am, when I feel insecure about myself and what I have done in my life, and maybe it does some of you too. It happens when I look into the world and not above it to the One who keeps the safety of my soul in His hands. 

Today at Church, we learnt about joy being something available to us no matter what our circumstances. It is an active choice we make regardless of our circumstances and not a feeling because feelings are unreliable. It's also about finding your security in God and your relationship with Him and not anything else. Today we heard a saying similar to this "It is the goodness that God has shown me in the past that forbids me to doubt that He's present with me now"

Or in another version I have just found on the web "His love in time past forbids me to think he'll leave me at last in trouble to sink " source: http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/b/b004.html ...

How do I pull myself up to see the One who stands above the struggles, well maybe it's different for everyone, my way seemingly is via song and worship, I sing worship to Him and it it is like an ointment to the soul that can not be provided by human hand.

And here are some of my favourite songs that might help you as much as they do me:

Finding reasons to worship
Matt Redman 10000 reasons

Remembering the One who loves you
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Remembering the time He met with you and what really matters
A Beautiful Exchange

God with us
Emmanuel

"You hold the ends of time
Yet place Yourself here into mine
My life is now forever changed ...." Source Hillsong see above...





Comments

Popular Posts