The Submitted Testimonial Of Louise Anne Lister for 13th February 2011

I was brought up Catholic but never experienced God.  From a young age I struggled with anxiety, compulsive behaviours and low self-esteem giving rise to depression.  It got even worse when I started seeking help. I turned to counsellors, hypnotherapists and the occult, none of which improved matters and the latter made things worse resulting in addiction and emotional isolation.

Last summer, I was invited to a friend’s baptism. Whilst there, and totally unexpectedly, God addressed me personally. He told me that He loved me. I found myself consumed by an unconditional love greater than I could imagine. I tried to fight Him. I told Him I was not worthy and He replied “But I love you Louise…” His declarations continued until finally, I could no longer fight it. Tears came to my eyes and it was everything I could do to physically restrain myself from sobbing loudly in front of everyone.

Since then, I have come to love God as my Father and Guide. I am no longer bound by destructive habits. I am not the person I was. God is my reassurance that everything will be ok. I want my baptism to physically represent my commitment to Him forever.

Comments

  1. Lovely. Simple and moving. God bless, Louise.
    Are you enjoying your post-Alpha course?
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beta..! Well I've only made one session so far due to work but I plan to make a weekly attendance and I am on a trip to South Africa with the chuch to help out a charity in July so am throwing myself more into it which is nice... things seem very unknown now - which is in part scarey, as I am used to trying to control my life and now Someone Else has the driving seat, but really when you let go, however scarey, it is the only way to go...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts