Did God protect me?

That post on Muamba but also my more recent return to Christianity has made me wonder whether a car accident I had - I was 15 or 16 when I got hit by a car was a point at which God protected me.

I was getting off a school bus and panicked when it started to move forward and ran into the road and was faced by a car that hit me, and I had no time to move out of the way.

I barely had any time to feel panic, instead whatever I had felt was quickly replaced by a sense of peace and almost this sense of being elevated out of my body and looking horiziontally outwards of me but way above where the accident would have been occurring or had occurred. Then momentarily there was this slight sense of regret, the distinct thought "Oh, is that it then" - almost like I had lived life as Louise for a shorter amount of time than I expected...

And then I was back in my body again...


... I came to, with a bit of whiplash and a bruise on my leg, the car bonnet if I recall correctly had to replaced and apparently ( according to onlookers) I was tossed up onto the windscreen, one shoe landing in a nearby hedge. At least one friend thought I was either dead or seriously injured. But I got up, was driven to hospital and was almost embarrased by the attention.

I have wondered, more recently since, whether that was God protecting me. Actually I have wondered it a lot...

Dear Father, was that You?
xx

Comments

Popular Posts