God Who Keeps Watch

The week before Christmas,  I got spots and mouth ulcers, little things but perhaps they were stress related. And then my eyelid got inflamed. At first it was only slightly annoying. I thought to go to Boots to get eyedrops and assumed it would only last a few days. But, it didn't and on Christmas Eve, it got a lot worse, and I woke up with some swelling aroudn the side of the eye and below it at the top of my cheekbone and I felt off, like my temperature was up and down...

I felt something was wrong and I rang the docter sugery, within about 20 minutes I had a phone call from a docter, an hour later I was in the docter's waiting room.

The docter was great, he had a interest and understanding of opthalmic medicine and what I had, presipital cellulitis around the eye, he knew what to do and dispensed antibiotics and gave me a number just in case things got worse. Basically what I had needed to be seen to straight away unless it got to be a bit more of a problem. I was told to take the medication asap so that the surgery could work out whether it was going to cause me problems before we were into Christmas Day.

What I had was significant enough, and with the way the condition had seemed to have spread overnight and with Christmas Day and Boxing day in the way, the situation could have been a little more difficult for me.

4 days on and I am really on the mend, the anti biotics have kicked in and the skin is nearly clear ... I had a moment or few early on when I cried before God because I was upset about what had happed and worried about the potential side effects of the medication, but I had a friend to hamd who prayed for me, a doctor who was great and saw me really quickly and a Father who kept watch throughout ...

Thank you Father for allowing this to be caught quickly, for getting me the best medical care and ensuring I was okay with the medicine ...

I love You and am thankful,

Louise x



Comments

Popular Posts