Handling anxiety

Anxiety was something that consumed me before I became a Christian again, I would persecute myself in thoughts, in self-dislike, in guilt and shame. It became incredibly difficult to be normal, on the one hand I was trying to be sociable and living a normal life, underneath I was a couldron of stress bubbling away...

Nevertheless on my journey with God, I have been learning new behaviours. Of course much of the unheathiest elements of my anxiety came to an end when I came back to faith. Having said that faced with tiredness, and stress I can lapse into worry, as with anyone else I am sure, but my safety net for me has been never to ever go back on my old ways. I have repeated this as such to God on more than one occasion! It seems to me that God offers the only real antidote to worry in mind, and in the Bible we hear again and again how He is bigger than all of our worries, and He is right there in everything.

As Joyce Meyer says in one of her broadcasts "Worry sees the problem but faith sees The God who can handle the problem" and that "prayer is something you do instead of worry". It is good to hear these things, to be reminded of this because we can make the choice not to worry, in the knowledge that He has our best interests at heart and that through Him all things are possible.

Comments

Popular Posts