The Owl and The Pussycat

When I moved into my little house by the woods, the surroundings gave me great comfort, they were balm to my everyday hurts, the trees behind reminded me of the beauty of what God created, they prompted me into thanksgiving. The nature residing there also.

An owl that used to frequent the surrounds used to hoot in the night and I used to get excited, to me it was God being present, a gift to me, that reminded me of His presence. I would cry out Father! And I would open the back door or window to take the sound in.

I have not heard the owl for a long long time. Last week I had to go the USA for business for a week, leaving behind house and cat in the care of another. I asked in prayer that God would protect my home, my cat and the catsitter whilst I was away. I often ask for the protection of my home whilst I am away for any appreciable amount of time, even only a day.

So I asked this and left with my suitcase.

On returning my catsitter told me all had gone well, and that whilst she had been staying there, she had heard a few times during her stay the hoots of an owl nearby.

I have not heard him since. But my feeling was that God was telling me He had been there keeping an eye on things, as I had prayed for.

Thankyou Father for Your grace and blessings and reminding me of Your constant care.

Comments

Popular Posts