"The people in darkness are needing our Friend"

It seems God can communicate to us in a way that gives us something to thnk about, that we need to work out what is meant by what he says and how it specifically applies to us. It can be a challenge to us, but a challenge is good, it shows He loves us, cares that we move forward in our walk, in our desire to be like Jesus and share Jesus' love.

A few nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with 4 lines of a hymn that I used to sing in childhood:

So light up the fire and let the flame burn
Open the door, let Jesus return
Take seeds of His Spirit, let the fruit grow
Tell the people of Jesus, let His love show..

Source http://www.cajunmoon.co.uk/lightup.htm

It ran through my head again and again and it was so out of place - the last time I had sung it was probably years and years ago as a child. Most of what I take to be God's voice is the out of place, the stuff you don't believe, the stuff that you think can't be possible. That to me is God.

 I have since tried to make sense of it, I looked up it's background, it was apparently written as a song for the Festival of Light - and as a reaction at how society and its' values had changed. To me it seems to mean, that Jesus is badly needed, in our world, that I must stoke up my own fire and be in a position to receive His love, and be in a position of allowing Jesus fully into my life but that I also need to let His light shine through me and share that message with others, because it really, really is needed.

 Dear Father, I'm not very successful at being a light in the darkness, please help me allow Jesus more and more into my life, and draw from everything You are and He is, so that I can reach out to more people when they are hurting and need a Friend.

Comments

Popular Posts