The Hard Pill To Swallow

I turned to a friend for prayer the other day. Some of the result of frustration and tears, that feeling of not moving forward, that holding onto the present or hopes of what you would like out of life that prevent you from taking a differnt path perhaps.

What came back was quite sombering. They had asked the Lord what to pray for me and it had come back that they should pray for me to accept His will no matter what, which would come from a willingness to let go of things I held onto now. And of course you take a step back and you realize that it is your own lack of obedience that prevents the very moving forward and fulfilment of the plan God has for you.

There is what the world deems to be the yardstick and measure of success and fulfilment and what God does. It can be a surprise to see how much you still cling to the world when you should be clinging to God. And you need every bit of God's help to ease you away from living by the world's yardstick.

This is of course my own personal tale - my log of my spiritual journey from pre baptism so I have a way of capturing how far I have come and what God has done for me. What I say in them, and the personal tests and trials are personal to me. But by making them find-able if anyone is or goes through the same sort of thing then  I hope the posts can be of help.

Comments

  1. Thank you very much. Your posts are of great help. I'm an Aspie with anxiety and depression. I was spiritually abused by another Christian a long time ago. I saw they were ordained and sought reconciliation. They refused. But I know God made and redeemed Aspies too, even me. Jesus is our High Priest and we need no other. His blood avails for us. You and me! All who will believe! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you very much, it's good to know! And sometimes I have found that to struggle is a blessing because it makes you turn to God more, and as you draw closer to Him He heals and strengthens you. God Bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Louise, Thank you. I hope you are well, as you haven't posted for quite a while. I'll pray for you in case. God bless you. Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes very good thanks - I tend to have bursts of inspiration when I write, but you have reminded me that my blog needs a bit of TLC :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts