The Return Of The Owl and More Notes from My Community

The tawny owl visitor returned to the woods behind my house last night, just as I was worrying in bed about all the things I had to do that were overwhelming me, and especially regarding a community tea which I am organizing.

The owl has come up in an earlier post because ( like many things in nature it turns my thoughts towards God .

But as I was thinking and praying, telling Jesus about my worries. It came back, my little reminder, those resounding and distinictive hoots that remind me of God. I got out of bed, opened my roof window and listened to the owl.

The feeling I had afterwards can be expressed in the words "Relax and enjoy it".

That I think is how we are to strive in our lives. Jesus dies so that we might live life to the full. This is based less on circumstance and more on the fact that Jesus loves us and we love Him and our worst day with Jesus is better than our best day without Him.  The latter was a saying from Joyce Meyer but I have not forgotten it.

Today I feel much calmer and at peace like we have made a step closer to the organization of the tea party.



Comments

Popular Posts