About the Kingdom of Heaven in Everyday Acts and Jesus' Blessings

This is a little post about yesterday. I have a bigger post I really should write about how Jesus found me a great job I am very happy in, how I got it at the right time and how He showers me with blessings every day.

But for today it is post about how when we show someone a kindness, with a genuine heart, and with a love of others, the Kingdom of Heaven feels tangible and close, all over you, and in you and around you. This feeling of Jesus being before you, behind you and beside you. I had this yesterday, it's like a kind of spiritual blessing, a covering and an awareness of spiritual connection that cannot be described in ordinary words. Perhaps it is there, but it is only sometimes, in certain circumstances such as during and amongst acts of kindness from the heart that we become aware of it. Nevertheless it is a tangible feeling.

It is also a post about how God blesses you through other people, He grants you grace and favour through others, and the qualities that attract people to you when the Kingdom of Heaven is close to you, come from the Father. It happened to me yesterday when I had been thinking of replacing my eye liner, not a big thing I was out in town, off work to sort out something not related to eye make up and on my way out of Boots I was stopped by a lady from a cosmetic counter.

And so we got talking, and she ended up doing me a free makeover and I bought a eye pencil and a sharpener and some blusher and she gave me a herbal tea bag, a washing bag and a face cloth because she said I was lovely. You see any loveliness comes as a gift from the Holy Spirit and from Jesus and from Father. As you progress your journey with Him you increasingly reflect the Father and it is the real rather than the warped reflection that attracts people. She told me to come again sometime. I gave her a hug.


I hope I do see her again, because I'd like to tell her about Jesus. Perhaps next time when I pick up a blusher brush when it comes into stock.

This post is mixed but it is about a day with Jesus, of unexpected gifts, and unexpected presence and the love of people and doing things for them and how that brings the Kingdon of Heaven closer.

Thank you Jesus that you help us reflect Father better each day so that people can come to know you.




Comments

  1. Hooray and congratulations! God is always faithful to us! Super post. S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts