The Job

Back in December of 2015 I left my last job through a voluntary redundancy. I felt a clear calm, peaceful conviction that it was "time to move on". And, so I left the security of my slightly insane, but well-paid to a place of no note - where I was no longer part of the workforce or part of the system.

In this time I prayed that God would shut doors that needed to be shut and open doors that needed to be open. I spent five months in total unemployed. In that time I spent most mornings watching TV ministry and involving myself in prayer and reading the Bible more, and apart from anything else, I voluteered and involved myself a little more in the lives of the people in my community. But I also wondered when I would find a job, it felt like I was receiving no after no from my job applications.

In my heart I knew God would deliver but I honestly didn't know when and it wasn't until things got a little tight, when I prayed that God would help me otherwise my money reserves would be depleted enough that I might have to go to another well-paid job because I had a mortgage to pay and He may not want that. And then, just when I was starting to feel the pinch, something came from nothing. I had an interest in gardens, and natures, and in charity and I also had some web skills, but nothing had come from any of those areas.

A friend from Church the asked me have you tried writing to a couple of garden places?

Initially I thought well I can give it a try, and so I wrote to one of her recommended places. They had nothing seeminly going, but they contacted me to say whilst they had no vacancies that they would like to speak to me. So I went in and it was a really positive interview and ended on a note of, well we will ask around and if we have anything one of us will let you know. A week later I was contacted for another interview about possibly helping with the website. Within days of that another interview and I had a job at a garden design, garden nursery, forestry company looking after a web project. Not only that but this company was very Christian friendly and supported a project set up by one of their people in Africa and was really into supporting local charity.

I later found out they were desperate for someone to help with their web project as it wasn't going anywhere, and I happened to rock up at just the right time.

So there I was with a six month contract and no promises, but arriving just in time to keep me going and get me back into work again.

And both during and afterwards I found out things about where I had worked and where I had applied to that were either stalling me or saying no that made me realize I had had a lucky escape. You see, whilst you may not see God's protection at the time, things will be revealed in hindsight that makes you realize you were blessed by Him to escape things that may hace been harmful to you.

God is an eleventh hour God, but He al;ways comes through if you have faith. My story doesn't end here either, more to follow ... :)


Comments

Popular Posts