Under God's Protection

From the time of beginning a Christian, the image and symbol of feathers and wings are of a particular significance to me.

It was when I finding my feet toward God, prior to baptism that I had a strong impression of being protected under wings, before I even knew of its significance in the Bible ( Psalm 91) :

Pslam 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge ... https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+91

When I went up for prayer just over a year ago I mentioned to a prayer team about this episode and they told me the visual image they had had before I turned up for prayer was of a feather.

I really I am not the expert on these things but it seems to me that when you have a personal emblem or symbol that is deeply personal in your relationship with God, then it will come up when He feels it is time to remind you of something.

Today there was some confusion over whether my parents were visiting me or the other way around. But after a phone call I hopped in the car and went to see them. I had been thinking of buying them a tomato plant on the way, and as it happened when I showed it to mum, she said that she had been thinking of getting a tomato plant. It is so often the way since I have been a Christian that God seems to put a desire to fulfill a need and then matches up the need and the desire. It happened in the past when  friend of mine had died and I bought some flowers, really nice ones, to leave at the roadside, but I was sad that the flowers wouldn't get any water. When I arrived I discovered my friends parents who had been wanting to take some nice fresh flowers to give to a relative that presumably they could put in a vase of water. And, my flowers were newly fresh...

Back at my parents, they both seemed eager that I should go and see a tree that I had planted recently at the bottom of the garden, and as we went around the garden ( I was with my mum at the time) she picked up a single white feather and turned to me and said something along the lines of Oh look a single white feather, it was a faint reminder, but not quite enough of that special association but then as she looked at me I saw her necklace was of two wings of feathers. And then it became stronger.

I said to my mother how that symbol can be considered a Christian symbol and she replied that that was how she saw it too , like angels wings ( my mum had a vision of an angel praying over her bed when I was young), and I think she is only just finding her feet back to God ( as in who God really is rather than religion )  - I told her of the significance to me and then the conversation closed but I felt so humbled and thankful before almighty God and reassured that He has my family under His Divine protection and wings.

Love you Father, thank You for Your consistency in protecting us under Your wings, despite the shakes in our faith, You are the author and perfecter of our faith, and it is truly amazing. We are Your family and you are the Head of it and so there is nothing that we should fear.

x







Comments

Popular Posts