"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser" How ABBA prepares the way...


John 15:5 NIV
 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
Source: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+15%3A5


Not so long ago, I had been in a job for a year and a half. Things were quite challenging for me there, and without wishing to go into details, it had got to the point where I was praying through the day to keep reflecting Jesus and to hold onto my staying power so that I didn't walk out!

I prayed for something to change on the job front before Christmas, and amongst other jobs, I applied for a role that was for a six month contract, which I felt due to its duration, would have less competition.

We had started studying John 15:5  - on Sunday I prepared a presentation, I told my friend in America that I had an interview the next day and she said she would pray.

It all felt a bit rushed I had barely time to prep my presentation, and I didn't feel it would go well - in fact I was still stapling it together there. Just before I had time to say the Lord's Prayer. But interestingly it went better than I thought, when I went home and mailed my friend about it, she let on that God had called her to pray for me the night before and that she had a vision and she was shown me in a meeting room with Him and that He wanted to encourage and strengthen in my faith that yes, He is with me always and every circumstance is there by divine appointment whether a position is attained or not. She didn't know what scripture we were studying at Church and house group.

The day after the interview we studied the John 15:5 scripture again at our house group.

On Friday I chatted to my friend with my friend again and she said as she had been praying for me before my interview that she had received this scripture as she prayed for me:

John 15:5 "“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit...."


On Saturday we talked some more and about How God loves our friendship because she knows by His word that the following is true, and she closed off with this scripture:

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." ~ 1 John 4:11-13

The following day at Church we studied John 15 again, and the vicar finished with the same scripture 1 John 4:11-13 as my friend from the night before.

The following Tuesday I had to lead in house group on John 15:5. The following Sunday we studied John 15:5.

The Holy Spirit has no geographical boundaries, and when He prepares the way there is no trepidation because He is before you and beside you.

Comments

Popular Posts