When God Steps In as Father

I guess as God is Father, it sort of just comes as part of the territory.

For me God has also been like a parent taking over when I was messing up. A loving Father holding my hand and guiding me to wellness, completeness, happiness and with both tenderness and firm guidelines on ways to live. It started when He told me He loved me and he has proven to be the One I confide in with my troubles more and more. He has not let me down. He stepped in and it was almost like being an infant again, being shown love that has helped me grow more solid roots.

To me God has been both Father and Daddy.

This may seem a childlike term to describe Him, but I think it is apt. It is Him to whom I cry out to when I'm feeling unsure or sad, turn to for guidance, aspire to be like, learn from, love deeply, dance for joy when I am given a perfect gift by His hand.

Dear Father, I love You very much. I want to spend more time with You and learn from You. Your daughter Louise xx

Comments

Popular Posts