Prayer when you can't sleep

And actually I couldn't last night, and whilst I was in the middle of tossing and turning, I was like "I can't sleep" and I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to pray...

...And I did. And, normally I am not very good with prayer, I lose concentration, but I had very recently asked God to help me get better at praying for others, and that I would get less selfish in prayer...

So here I was, completely unable to sleep and feeling prompted to pray.. and after a hesitation I started, and I prayed, I do not know how long for, but I covered more ground than I usually do and my requests were more articulate than I usually manage and they were bolder, I stood in my mind before, the throne of God and asked...

In the quiet hours, when people sleep, where distractions disappear, God can open up opportunities for spiritual growth..

Dear Father, thankyou that I was able to take the opportunity of lack of sleep to get better at praying.

I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts