Wanting to be healed...

It seems with what little I have gleaned so far, that this, is important. Getting baptised, reaffirming your vows to follow Jesus, to fall in love with God and commit yourself to a new way of life is only the start.

If, you feel like you have been hurt or let down in your life, be it by friends, parents, strangers, ex boyfriends, ex girlfriends ( Not many read my blog but there may be a few guys so one must cater!), then there can be a tendency to want to shut yourself away, to protect yourself. I remember having this mental image of being in my house, and just nailing myself in with iron sheets, so no one could get in and hurt me...

Just because I had made a commitment it didn't mean I was 100% ok and in perfect shape!!! You have to work for things too!!!

... That's to say that whilst God wiped away a lot of the problems when I committed myself to Him in baptism, I found it has taken longer to clear away deeply engrained ways of thinking. It is, I have recently found that by accepting God's love, focusing on Him, pressing into Him when you feel let down, relying on Him, asking Him to correct your way of thinking and doing so humbly because He is your King, and everything is by His grace, is the only way to go... and it yields results!!!!!

You have to want to be free of hurt, and that is a message I found very liberating in one of Joyce Meyer's broadcasts - her stuff is great, really practical, and has helped me no end... see her daily broadcasts.

What helped for me, was thinking along the lines of "I have had enough of feeling like this, I don't want to be like this anymore, I have spent too long throughout my life feeling like this, I want to let things go so I can be a credit to God, that I can do His Name honour, so that I can be a blessing to others,I made a commitment not to fall into my old ways and have no intention of ever going back to them...."

So it seems that if you allow negative feelings to dominate your way of thinking then it can mean that you pass that onto others, that you can hurt others back yourself, whether you mean to or not. By allowing God to lift you above hurt you can see it for what it is, you can see that those feelings both impede your journey with God and can cause sin if you end up hurting others.

To God I had this plea "God, I am committed to you to not go back to my old way of life, I really need you right now to help me, so that I can lean on you for all my strength"

God will bring you strength and comfort and a better, healthier way to think, but it has to come from your commitment that you are no longer prepared to live your life in the same way and that you trust and lean on Him for all that you need. It was within the same day that I asked for this support that I found it. I started feeling positive again, good about all the things God had given me, happy for my blessings, and wishing to be a more active part of my church and being nice to other people!

So God can make it happen! You just have to trust and believe. When you are down He hasn't disappeared, He is still there. When things don't go according to plan, He wants you to press to Him further, pursue Him until you find His Peace and Grace.

Thankyou Father that you are a my rock, my source of strength and my shield. I love You deeply and promise to stay committed to You and following Your ways as best I can and with Your help.

Love, Louise x

Comments

Popular Posts