The Privilege of Helping to Form Bonds

I live in a mixed bag area - there is colour because people are from all walks of life, the people who live around me, not all fortunate and I care about my street.

I care that the people living around me feel comfortable talking to each other and care about each other.  I care that I can get the garden all beautiful so the lady next door can hold time spent in reflection on the Bible with friends inspired by God's beautiful flowers alll around her. This sort of thing.

I do not feel I can necessarily reach out to everyone in my street although with God, anything is possible, but some I feel I can, and so to that end, I have prayed to God that a BBQ that me and a friend will hold for my neighbours and the house next door but one, will be a starting point for friendships and warm bonds. Perhaps it will lead to beautiful things, perhaps someone will get to be interested in Jesus and ask me questions and so, Father will be able to save another soul that way. I don't know what Father's beautiful plans are, but I do hope that I can do my little part in maximising opportunity for Him.

And so I pray that the weather will be good that we can hold the BBQ and so that bonds of friendship can be formed. And it seems that to offer very small things, food and companionship and laughter with others seems to be such a lovely gift that God works through us to share with others.








Comments

Popular Posts