Taking Responsibility for Getting Well.

I've been having an interesting conversation with someone about someone they knew who had depression. In this case it seemed they had not made the decision at that point to get well - whether that means going to the doctor or whatever - that was where it was. I cannot speak for everyone who have suffered from anxiety, OCD, addiction, and depression and I would not presume to suggest that my story is the one size fits all - God blessed me by healing me, but what I can say is that I determined that I had made an agreement with God once I got baptised and I would not go back on it.


Whilst when I turned to God, the darkness I lived in for so many years started turning to light, I didn't find life became miraculously easy - I have had moments where things felt a little difficult, and where I could noticeably feel a pull back to my old ways my response was no matter how I feel God I need your strength to get through this, because my reliance is on you and not on the old crutches I used to lean on.

I am almost 100% free of everything that I mention above, sure occasionally I feel a bit anxious, or let down by people or situations but it is probably within healthy levels now and when I feel those feelings I just turn to God because He is my Rock and Fortress. I do this because really, God is my Only Option. I am weak without Him, but if I submit to His Strength then my troubles ease away.

And whilst we are at it here's a sermon from Joyce Meyer that talks about similar things:
Getting on with Life


...

Comments

Popular Posts