Waiting Upon The Lord


It is true to say that one of my struggles since becoming a Christian, is my singleness, and the fact that I cannot seem, to meet anyone I want to be with. It has caused frustration because I have wanted the opportunity to have some semblance of a family life, to have a friend who is spiritually flawed like me whom I like at my side would mean a lot to me.

Throughout this struggle, I have recognised that God is the most important thing, but it doesn't stop the struggle, and it is definitely something that makes you question whether there will be any growth in that area. This can be doubled by the fact that if you past experiences in relationships pre Christian were not the best or most helpful, you wonder whether you are ever entitled to an experience that is the polar opposite without having a negative effect on faith. In addition you have struggles when people who are not of faith, pay attention to you, and whether anything would come of this attention or not, you start to question, what is for the best,whether it is it preferable to be single, or just go what the heck let's date...

Sometimes such worldy concerns can interfere with the level of intimacy and prayer that you can experience with God although I do not think it affects His plans for you, he stays with you inspite of how you feel.

All in all, I do know that God guides you for the best inspite of no obvious solution being in sight.

I had been struggling with such thoughts today, I know that I am being urged for patience and I am not a patient person! After returning home from town, I had gone through a number of emotions including anger and decided to play some music. Up come my iPod playlists, I decided Iwasn;t in teh mood for any religious songs and selected a mixed bag playlist which had plenty of secular songs in.

The first song played it's lyrics are this:

"I have decided I have resolved
To wait upon You Lord,
My rock and redeemer shield and reward
I'll wait upon You Lord..."


And here is alink to the song that played

Comments

Popular Posts