You are still in My Book

Recently I went through a bit of a crisis of faith, not so much a lack of belief in God, as to a lack of belief in that I could complete my Christian journey, that I was unable to go any further. Moreover I feared that I was on my way back to a secular life because I would not be able to keep on the path I was going, that I would find in it demands that I was incapable of keeping. In short I thought I was going right back to hell.

It was a very short period of time of self doubt, and it was around this time that I found myself back in the Church where a dear friend of mine, killed just over a year ago, in a horrible accident, used to worship. I went because of her not for any reason as a bit of a one off, but it seems a vision that someone had there was tailor made  for me.

The vision that they had was one of a big book, the Lord's book, which was being filled with names all the time, people who were being saved. The message was, that although your name was in it numerous pages back, it was still there ...

I have been saved and that hasn't changed, time has passed and beautifully, names are being added all the time, but my name was still there, maybe a few pages back now BUT it wasn't going anywhere and there was nothing to fear.

Thankyou Father for Your faith in me, keep me on Your path, help me when I struggle with self doubt.


Comments

Popular Posts