Testifying For God When You Least Expect

I have had a week out of the rat race and been trying to catch up on items around the house. I had planned to treat myself during this time as well, and had taken to the idea of having some kind of massage. Over the few days I felt drawn to the idea of an aromatherapy massage and a particular place in town and so I booked and went today.

I ended up in a cosy back room with a aromatherapist who was also into other alternative medicines, reiki and such and there was a picture of chakras on the wall. There was a slight worry from me, as I have shunned New Age type healing therapies since I have come back to God, as they veer toward territory that is not of God. But I nevertheless stuck with it and prayed for God's protection for us both, and wound up in an almost an hour-long in conversation with the therapist about God, Catholicism, the book of Job, human suffering and what this means, why there is evil in the world, going to Church, an out of body experience I had had in my past, the blessings and my conversaion in my life, how I had strayed to New Age and Buddhism before coming back to Christianity again.

Like me, she had been brought up Catholic, like me she had had to go to Church, like most people she had asked the familiar questions of why there is suffering in the world. The conversation was not hard work, was interesting and engaging. Maybe she will try a Church I recommended to her. I hope and pray this is so and that Jesus will show her they way back to Father.

And the aromapatherapy was great and I felt relaxed, but more importantly I was given the privilege to reach out to someone who may now think of exploring some kind of relationship with God further.

I didn't expect to testify, but nevertheless by God's grace I did and I hope that it is a way for God to start bringing another loved one home.

Comments

Popular Posts