My honeymoon spot with God

I don't know whether it is the same for every person, but for me there is a place where I feel the closest connection to God, and it happens to be in my garden, the view from my garden, in watching flowers I have grown blossom, and in nature around me. This is where I take enjoyment in the Lord and His creation, this is where I talk to Him most easily and freely, where I share in the joys that what has been created. Each piece of nature unfolding being His gift to me. It is where I can get to be free from worries and cares and where I have to learn patience.

I was in a nursery today and I bought a some plants and compost, not too many though, I feel like the Holy Spirit guards me against trying to do to much or excess, and this time I bought three geraniums, that I was going to put in as part of my garden plan.  I felt a strong urge to make sure I didn't buy them and I couldn't work out why. Shortly after I realised that they were the wrong colour for my garden plan and I actually would have been annoyed with myself had I taken them home and planted them. These are small instances of wheer I definitely feel God work in the smaller parts of my life - not related to any particular Christian activity, but because gardening is where I feel closest to Him I try to ask for help on what the right things are to do.

It is good to find a honeymoon spot with God, it is that place of milk and honey, where you just enjoy being with your Maker, Husband, King and Father, where you enjoy just being and sharing with Him.


Comments

Popular Posts