"Running on Empty"

I was reminded today of how God recharges and renews us spiritually and physically. Sometimes when it matters that we have energy He renews us with a bit of a boost so that can keep going.

This weekend I stayed at my parents, although lovely to see them, I didn't sleep well there and came back shattered and thinking that I might skip Church, and would it matter if I did. Afternoon kicked in and I decided that I would try and take a nap and that if God really wanted me to go to Church then He would make sure I slept well enough to feel good enough to go. I was dubious, I have powernapped before but I end up feeling groggy.

I slept deeply for an hour or so and woke, feeling, well great quite frankly, a few minutes after waking there was no familiar groggyness, I just felt pretty alert and basically good.

So I went to Church and the sermon was about "Running on Empty".. It was helpful, it was about the disciples and how they were asked to wait by Jesus until power was imparted to them before they acted as witnesses for God, so that they would be strong enough to do what God wanted them to do. It was about asking for the Holy Spirit and being hungry for the Holy Spirit, and waiting for that gift in faith which we could be certain about because God does not withold this gift from us, we just need to ask with all our hearts!

And so I wound up in a group of three with a married couple where we all asked that God would grow in us what where we were meant to be, and lead us into greater things.

God imparts His Holy Spirit to us so that we can do what He needs us to do, without it we are "running on empty..."


Comments

Popular Posts