"Turn your eyes upon Jesus" and the 30:30 challenge

I have just started my 30:30 Bible challenge using the Joyce Meyer resources.

http://3030challenge.joycemeyer.org/resources/index.html


It has come to a point in time where as I have left my previous job I have some time to focus on scripture. I feel like I haven't really mulled over and listened to it - really listened to it and now of all times is a good time to start. There are wounds to heal in my community and a need to be whole with Jesus' help, so that Jesus light can shine through.

I had a few Christmas cards from people in my street before Christmas, two of them probably responses to mine, I also had a second reminder from one of them that had come to dinner to tell her when the next gathering will be, so it is clear that there will be stuff to do.

But I want to be whole and right in myself or at least more so than I am now. The progress I have made has been great thanks to Jesus' help, but I need more now. While you are getting well in yourself ( and I guess everyone has a journey to get well by losing their old self), it can happen than you feel discouraged, disheartened a bit like your old self is creeping back, although it is clear this an echo of before and one of my sisters in Christ told me that Jesus had shared a precious lesson that "Dead people don't speak", that there are areas of you that don't realize that you have been born again in Christ, and that you have died to the world.

Letting go of these parts of you that do not recognize that we have died to the world ( although we live in it)  therefore involves constant renewal of your mind and by studying the Word of God we can transform our minds by cleansing our minds with that word. This is what she said to me, and I also hope that it helps you too. Another good reason to spend time with the Word of God and with Jesus who is the Word made flesh.

For the Word made flesh is our light to guide us and our path to wholeness, walking in that Light is our only sure way home. And here's a link to a beautiful song about focusing on Jesus (who is our Light)

Turn your eyes upon Jesus


Comments

Popular Posts