Before you were born I knew you

The Well in Leamington Spa ( http://www.wellhealing.org) offers prayers and healing for people and I went this week for some issues that were deep and buried within and yet unresolved. Time out of the workforce has given me more time for prayer, bible study and healing. And the result is that I have felt pretty peaceful with where I am - even though I am without the daily schedule which I had become very familiar with.

During this time of prayer this week I imagined myself being knit together pre-birth, enjoying those first little freedoms of expression ( frowing, smiling, wrinkling the nose and poking the tongue out) in that early intimate relationship with God who loves me ( and His other children) deeply and who knew my days before my parents did. God delights over new life - it is a time of joy.

And it is good to be reminded me of the heart of Father God, the One who first knew you, who remains constant and faithful and who gathers you in His arms and carries you close to His heart.

At the end the words that sprung to mind were these "Before you were born I knew you" and as on a prior occasion I was reminded via scripture of God's protection and care. 

"He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart." Isaiah 40:11


Comments

Popular Posts