Breakthrough and answers to prayer: Notes from my community

For a long while now off and on I have been praying for a breakthrough regarding a road maintenance charge which 8 of the houses pay on my street. It is a convoluted arrangement whereby a housing association administers a monthly direct debit on behalf of 8 residents to pay a proportion of the road charges for maintenance or a privately adopted road by the city council.

The fund has never been used in 25 years as far as I know - and only reflects 1/5 of the houses on the road. The city council presumably then is meant to pay the rest.

In any case it is an arrangement that has caused me a niggling frustration in the background throughout my ownership and I have had no joy shen I have approached the housing association or the time to look into in a sustained way before. In any case a few things started to change recently, one of the residents' contacted their local MP and I contacted the housing assocation and had a productive conversation and a promised call back.

Today I had that call back - the person dealing with the enquiry is new and wants to get it sorted - he wants to make sure there is a meeting with the residents and the city council and would prefer to freeze a charge if there is no reason to keep taking money from the residents for a fund which is more than sufficient to to completely resurface the road.

He also agrees that long term it is far from being an arrangement that anyone is benefitting from and is also open into looking into longer term options.

There will be a meeting soon with the residents to be arranged with the city council and I will be invited.

It has been 3/4 years to get this kind of conversation - but it has happened and it is an answer to prayer. Thank you Father :) ...

Comments

Popular Posts