When Grief Threatens Worship The Lord

Today I found out that my uncle had passed away with cancer. This is difficult for me in the sense that I hadn't seen him in a while and I never had the chance to tell him about Jesus and that I had been praying to Him to get Him well.

But prior to this weekend I had determined I would not watch television or get caught up with other stuff, but try and spend it focussed on God. So whenever the televsion was switched on it ended up being used to watch some Hillsong worship music, or TBN UK or just listening to more worship, in fact most of the weekend was spent listening to worship around other stuff I was doing.

And so by the time came and the phone call came in, about 10 minutes ago to me writing this blog I felt sad and upset but a lot stronger than I might have done otherwise. I prayed that Jesus will help Him and that is my main sadness. But, I think that the worship over the weekend has helped me cope and I didn't know obviously that I was going to get unfortunate news. But when it came in, I was in a better place than I could have been to receive it.

I love you Jesus, I rejoice in You, please keep my family strong.

Hillsong's Desert Song

Comments

Popular Posts