A quick tale of my little cat and fireworks

This is a quick little tale of my cat and God's provision and the power of worship. I think in a previous story I mentioned that when grief threatens worship the Lord. It is to me the only answer. No matter what your situation sing for the Lord or worship Him in other ways. If you are unhappy in a relationship and unhappy worship and hold Him tight, if you are single and wish you weren't worship and cling to Him with your life, if you or a loved one is ill, worship Him and don't let Jesus go ..

... And continue to honour Him no matter how you feel. Because one day, it'll be just you and Him even when others are near. Just you and Him. You barely able to stand in His presence and in overwhelmed with His Holiness and Love and He being beyond what our human hearts can cope with. And He made you and bought you with a price that as Todd White I think once said bankcrupted Heaven.

I try my best every day with this one. But I can say that worhsip works. And so now back to my little cat ...

She has always been terrified of fireworks. I hate it really. So every Guy Fawkes night I know she is going to hide upstairs cowering in terror at the loud noises.

It has always been the case throughout her life.

This year I had worship music on and I was singing to God. And I prayed that if I kept worshipping God all the evening would He keep my cat calm. And so I sang and worshipped all evening until I went to bed and sleep and my cat laid down happy and content and seemed completely okay with the noise.

It's a little tale ( or should I say tail :) ) but all I can say whenever I worship the outcome is always better - whether it enables me or the loved creatures in His kingdom to deal with things in a better way is the main thing here. It's not that the noise around you has stopped being around you but the focus is different.

Dear Father help me and anyone who might read this and feel this would help them, to turn their eyes on You and worship you no matter what is around us, distracting us, causing us fear, concern, and worry.

In Jesus' name. Amen.




Comments

Popular Posts