The Job Part 2

In my last post I talked about how God found me a job that combined all the things that meant so much to me. And so i am in this job, the people are pretty cool, I have freedom to think creatively and I no longer have that "Argh it's Monday morning" feeling.

However the post wasn't permanent and tha pay not too hot, and so whilst i enoyed what i was doing, I was well aware that the combination of early mornings ( 5.45 start every morning) plus the insecurity of my position meant I might need to start looking for something new soon.

And then, maybe a month ago, one of the directors talked to me about making keeping me on. And so I now have a permanent contract, and then a couple of weeks ago,  I was thinking and  but sort of praying  to God that morning that I really needed more money, that I was working so hard and the hours were making me tired and I am not quite making enough each month, and that whilst I was grateful for the work I had to take into account practicalities ...

... That same day in work, the director was saying we want to transfer some more responsibilties to you so we can give you a payrise ...

I had heard conviction in my heart before that "It will be worth it" but at the time I was like okay let's see how it plays out ...and yet one event after another shows God wants me in that job, my reservations are being lifted by the circumstances He has orchestrated. I don't know why this job is so specifically of His choosing, apart from being in a more fulfilling job more generally, but I do know that there is more to it than I can think of. God can tie more loose ends in together than there are grains of sand through a set of events.

It is mind-blowing really. He tells us all "It will be worth it ..." even when we are not sure, even when we want to believe, we do believe but circumstances make us doubt. We have to remember that He controls time and everything else besides and that when He tells us that, we jus need to rest and wait in Him.

Comments

Popular Posts