When something comes out of the blue and pure prayer

A very quick post from me. It seems that things haven't necessarily improved with my work, but I have been praying about this. I sat down one morning (either this or the last I can't remember which) and as I turned the television on it was about God being your source and not your job, and how you get paid.

I try and listen to worship music or a telly sermon over breakfast because it provides context to your day, before you even start.

And then this week I had an email from a recruiter asking me if I would like to discuss a job somewhere else. I am curious about it because of it's timing, because just at the point where I feel like I cannot sustain where I am, it has appeared out of nowhere. Unsure of where I was, I got in touch with a friend who, older than me, has provided much needed counsel. She just happened to be about the next day ( and us being in touch with rapidity is virtually unknown) we take a little while to reply, but her gift is as an encourager and I needed it.

And we prayed - the cafe we met up in, the mezzanine cleared totally of people ready for our prayer and held hands and prayed. Like a motherly figure and a daughterly figure. Holding hands, humbled before their King and pouring their hearts out in trust. When you need God's mercy more than ever, when we are despairing of our situation, our prayer becomes pure and a heart cry ( well it does if you are me and not the best at prayer :) ) and then you come into the mercy and glory of God's presence and you cry afterwards or whatever it is you do. You know that the prayer has power and has been heard by the most High because you were you, because possibly Jesus had to do less interceding because you were you, and you humbled yourself and you asked God to have mercy on you.

This was a heart cry and I felt every part of it, and the words had a purity about them that they don't usually. And I cried a little. And I know God has my back for everything we asked for.

God Bless you dear reader.


Comments

Popular Posts