God's Building Blocks

Occasionally I see an image in my heart which is in response to any struggles that I have. It is almost like Heaven parts it's doors and God allows me to see His heart and His purpose. It is the briefest seconds in which wisdom is imparted to me. These things are not so much prophetic as such, but a reassurance. And, I don't mind that, for one thing, I spent most of my early adult years seeking out the future through the occult, and it really, really ended up messing up my life. It is to be honest the last thing I want now that I am a Christian. The other reason is that because I think if I knew what was going to happen I might not take my baby steps in faith forward, and quite honestly I don't want to fail God by being fearful of the future.

So I will take one day at a time and take the steps I am able to take, in the time and order God feels I should take them, when I have the maturity at that point to obey Him fully. I know I have such a long way to go!

I have in the past felt God's pain in response to mine and it is almost unbearable, when you cry, He literally wails in pain with you - imagine your pain and multiply it by an unknown quantity and then imagine it washing over you, inside you. That to me is how God cries alongside you. He is by no means distant. That was one revelation to me.

The other more recently was about God's good timing. I have something personal in my life that I have had to struggle with sometimes - many of us do I guess, and as I was thinking of this struggle, I had a visual revelation again and it was this:

Some foundations for a building, a house were being built. Each block of foundation was oblong, large, heavy, looked like solid concrete, its purpose to be immovable. Each block was being placed carefully, slowly, deliberately in place. The most curious aspect of this was that each block was not being placed in the order that you would expect. In a flash I wondered why one block was not being placed next to the other, but they were being placed in an entirely different order. For all that there was a reassurance in my heart that this was the right order.

"So the house won't fall down ..."

These the words that came to my heart.

The foundations that in the visible world are invisible, but they are being placed deliberately, slowly, carefully, with infinite knowledge, so that your house will not fall down, so that you will fulfil the work God has to complete in you, so that you will not fail. He is a good, good Father and will handle things in the way He sees best because if He didn't, your house would fall and the impact could be terrible.

Each day when you go to work, when the little stresses get to you, remember that God, is working at His pace in you, in your life, and you can't see it, but you don't need to. You just need to know that He works in you so your house will stay standing and will not fall.

And this I think will be my song of today: Chris Tomlin's "Good Good Father"

Comments

Popular Posts