The Previous Open Air Event Where I Was Persuaded To Stay

It must have been a couple of months ago, when I went to a big open air prayer/service meet. I had gone along earlier in the day and that bit went well as I saw people I knew to talk to there but it also went on well into the evening so i decided to come back later for the later worship...

As soon as I was there I started to feel quite uncomfortable, there were less people this time but I was on my own, I felt a bit of a spare part, and I knew no one. I decided to stay for a bit but not too long because of this awkwardness. I just longed to go home to my peaceful little home and its quiet and God. My home, God and my little cat, this is somewhere I curl up away from the world and enjoy Father's nature around me in the woods and feel cocooned and comfortable. In fact it is at home where I feel most able to think clearly about God...

However time passed, and as the worship session in full swing, as I started to think about leaving because I didnt really feel a part of it, I felt what was almost like a strong command that I should stay. I wasnt quite sure of why I should feel this other than God didn't want me to cop out. So I hung around a little reluctantly still feeling uncomfortable not sure how much longer I could cope with sticking it out. And then, something I didn't expect happened. I saw the minister I had originally discussed my life with (see blogpost below) and whom I had always thought I would want to at least have the chance to catch up with so I could let him  know all was well with me... I tapped his shoulder and said hello and we had a brief conversation. A quick catch up, and I had time to impart that very thing  - that I was O.K and doing just fine...

http://prodigallambchop.blogspot.com/2010/11/god-always-feeds-hungry-soul-and-how.html

It was brief, but as soon as our conversation was over, the influence to stay immediately left me. Inspite of it all, I left feeling that it was ok. That, it was ok to leave at that point. That, God was an understanding God, and that He had given me the opportunity to catch up with the very person I had wanted to speak to.

Comments

Popular Posts