How God Sees You Beautiful

I am sure most, if not all people have photos of themselves they find disappointing. I mean even if you know you are not considered classically beautiful, a bad photo can have the effect of making one feel plain and unattractive or even ugly.

I have bad photos of me, I don't always photograph well because I have quite distinct, strong and striking features and when I get what I think to be a bad photo I can get a little down about it. I felt that way today about a picture or two, and I decided to tap into God because of this. The distinct impression I got and it almost made me cry was that He loves you physically: He loves the quirks of how you look physically, He loves it when you look a little goofy, or your facial expression is a little wonky, or you eyes are half closed and look silly, or you have shadows under your eyes when you smile... He finds those things physically beautiful.

 ... Yes I did say that ... He finds those things physically beautiful because you were made by Him and everything about you is "fearfully and wonderfully" made, and nothing about you is a mistake. He loves you in what you consider to be both your good and bad photos.

I don't feel this is a case of beauty in the way we preceive it, but in the way God perceives it.

If you ever feel down about how you look in a photo or just anyway, remember that you are a beautiful 'work in progress' to God and rest in that ...

Comments

Popular Posts