The Equation to Help You Bless Others More

I think out of all the privileges God extends to you, giving you opportunity to bless others must be the best.

In a way it's like God saying to you "I trust you in this situation to act like the daughter or son I want you to be, to help this person/people, and to allow the light of Jesus shine through you"... It's a privilege to be allowed to help others in partnership with our Lord ... And it seems to me there are things can distract from this. These things, or the ones I have noticed are as follows:

1. Focusing on self: This could be because you are not casting your cares for every day life, or you do you appreciate who you are in God and so your self esteem is low and you are focused on what other people/you think of you, how you compare to other people rather than of how God sees you. You also trust God to take care of you, so self no longer becomes a burden to everything God wants you to be in His Name.

2. Not spending enough time with the Holy Trinity in prayer, thought, worship and study: This helps you to manage all of my point number 1 and helps you to become less focused on your needs and anxieties and more focused on God and then others.

3. Not loving God first: When the opportunity to bless is God given, the desire to give and bless is a pleasure. We are human and so therefore have faults, but if we allow Jesus to shine through us then blessing it so much easier and a reward in itself because God is working in partnership with us. It is easier to do this if we spend time with God and develop the relationship of love and we can only do that if we do point 2 which also helps with point 1.

Thank You Father that You are my King, Friend and Husband, please help me spend more time with You and be distracted less by the world so that I can be the daughter You want me to be.

Love Louise x


Comments

Popular Posts