Promising To Pray For An Hour A Day

I enjoyed Wimbledon this year, especially because Andy Murray did so well, but I kind of knew he'd do well, because I felt God tell me he'd win Wimbledon before he reached the final and when it reached the finals match that he would do so in three sets before it was clear what would happen.

Make of it what you will, but I had told God that I would pray an hour a day if Andy Murray won Wimbledon.

And, that was His response.

A few days in and I am praying more than  I ever have, and actually even though I have not reached 60 minutes yet, I am getting quite close to it, and I am determined to increase quality time with Him. Who knows maybe I'll even surpass 60 minutes without realising.

What I can say is this. The more time you spend in prayer the better you feel. In a rather inadequate comparison it is the difference between eating a chocolate bar and a large bowl of porridge for breakfast. The latter is wholesome and keeps you going. Plugging into the God channel keeps you revitalised and able to cope and gives perspective. You feel more rounded and closer to Him and encouraged.

Basically you are the one that wins... and you have nothing to lose, or rather you have so much to lose if you don't spend the time with Him... speaking of which I am off to pray again ...




Comments

Popular Posts