Love through The Word

Not so long ago I prayed to God and asked Him to tell me how much He loved me in the way when He first captured my heart, when I was reduced to tears by His revelation. He has not spoken to me in the way He did then, but gradually, little by little, He has shown me through The Bible instead.

The first passage that really caught my attention was Hosea 14 where "The Lord Promises New Life For Israel" and the passage is a beautiful expression of His Love for His people. To me it speaks to each one of us as individuals. At my house group recently we read it out, but instead of using the word "They" and "I" we replaced it with each others' personal names and the result can only be described as 'wow...'

Try it and see ...

"I will bring my people back to me. I will love them with all my heart; no longer am I angry with them ... Like an evergreen tree I will shelter them; I am the source of all their blessings." See http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea+14&version=NIV

More recently we looked at a passage in Ezekiel 37:22-37 whereby inspite of Israel bringing disgrace on the Lord's doorstep, He still pursues them to be his people:

Ezekiel 37:25 "I will sprinkle clean water on you and make you clean from all your idols and everything else that has defiled you."

Israel really messed up and yet He wants her back. To me this tells me that even if we think we have displeased God or have done wrong, He will go to the ends of the earth to pursue us. There is nothing that He cannot fix or has not made right through Jesus, because He loves us, because He wants a relationship with us and he wants to be our Father and we His people.

Thank you Father that You never let up in the pursuit of my heart. I pray that You will continue to bring new revelations of Your Love through Your Word and to those who need it.






Comments

Popular Posts