Seeing God's mercies

This is a very short post, but it is to say just that I'm back because I think it is time.

 Things have been challenging I feel. For some, and I include myself a little in this, they have been challenging for a little while on a personal level, but then the advent of a virus has certainly added a new dimension of challenging to many lives.

And yet, in my own walk so far I have found that it is when things seem to be falling apart, that God's grace emerges in bold bright colours. In abundant times, that which we may not have noticed before, His mercy in response to the daily pleading on the knees at dusk, tears flowing freely, despair articulated in staccato bursts, are brought into sharp focus. And, you learn on a far more personal level what the Lord's prayer means, because you need it. It is no longer routine, it is given an irreplaceable place - you learn to call Father, 'Daddy.'

I have so much to share, poetry what I am starting to write, songs that I'd like to sing, stories of His kind responses to my prayers over the last few years, so I hope I will share. I keep the latter in a book which is filled with my imperfect prayers and His responses and goodness to me over the last few years.

So I shall share, and you can make of it what you will. But I pray that if any comfort be found from my writings, then that shall be more than enough for me.

Here is a well -known hymn which when I felt God put in my head recently. The words that were emphasized in mind were:

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

Great is Thy faithfulness

Sometimes I will be given music ( because I sing), when I wake up, or at random times in the day, because those words are what I need reminding of. It is so easy to sing a hymn and not think deeply about the personal relevance, but when God shines a light on certain words, it brings it all into focus, and you sing the words that are very personal to you.

God is a very personal god.

God bless ( any of you that still visit my blog) this evening.



Comments

Popular Posts