The spare fuse

My journal is a diary of spiritual richness. Because I have documented my experiences with God over the last 4 or 5 years, it's difficult to know where to start. But today I will start with saying, I think it was by Mike Pilavachi that the desert place 'strips you of your self-reliance,' and that you 'you find out how small you are and how big God is.'

The last few years have seen a series of difficulties in my life, where to be quite honest with you, I didn't know whether at times I would be able to keep a roof over my head, and because of family illness and other circumstances there was no obvious way out. In other words, I was boxed in.

So I turned deeper into prayer, and in doing so I found only God could help me and it changed my life and relationship with him. He had shown me signs of His love and provision before but they take on a new light when you are facing difficulty.

I recall one time, about a year ago, I had to go to a family funeral representing my immediate family who, due to a fairly devastating diagnosis themselves could not attend.  So it was on me. I was at the end of my tether with my job that I was about to lose, and I was trying desperately trying to preserve what money I had. It turned that I couldn't get my sat nav to work which uses the cigarette lighter for its power. Unfortunately the place I was going to wouldn't be easy to find just by following my nose and the road signs.

I felt God tell me to go to my local car garage and of course this was a time when I didn't need any big bills on my plate. Nevertheless this very long journey needed to be made to represent my side of the family. But I did so, and the garage found a fuse needed replacing. So they replaced it, then they showed me where the fuse was located and marked it with Tip-Ex so should anything like that happen again, I would know what would need replacing.

They then handed me a spare fuse just in case anything should happen on my journey, and I needed to replace it. When I asked them how much they refused to accept a penny for the work, and sent me on my way.

It was in the scheme of what God can do, a small thing. To me it was huge.

Thank you Jesus.




Comments

Popular Posts