God cares about the tiniest details ... write it down

I think one of the biggest things God has taught me is His grace is extraordinary to the point that, even whilst we sin and fail Him on a daily basis, He is there taking of the tiny details in our lives. He knows and accepts where we are and He cares for us as the good Father.

These things are there before our eyes in full, bright glorious colour when times are hard, when life and circumstance forces our pace, when we are hemmed in and can no longer rely on our resources. Do you keep a list in a book of the tiny things and big things? I do, and it reminds me that Father is a good Father. The act of writing down combined with prayer both reassures me at the time, and in retrospect, provides a record of His abundant kindness and grace towards me.

I don't know about you, but my prayers are not just the 'kneeling before the cross' formal 'Our Father' variety that grace the bookend the day but they are wisps of thoughts blown towards Heaven, faint and loud pleas for assistance in the moment, arrow prayers, one word, or simply feelings that I share with God, when I'm too tired to express my worries in words. Here's two examples of that I noted recently of some tiny things:

I poured steaming hot coffee onto my hand, just fresh from reheating in the microwave and my immediate reaction was 'Oh no, this is the last thing I need' it was a thought addressed to me as I wanted to avoid but also I shared this thought with God. Yes, I did all the right things, ran cold water on my hand, used ice and ointment. But ultimately nothing happened, my hand was fine, no soreness, no redness, no burn, no bandages needed, nothing. Literally nothing, as if nothing had hurt the hand.

I also had one morning when I was feeling down. I have brief moments of this anyway, where I feel useless but it never stays for long. It comes out in prayer, these feelings. But  God made the day a good one by enabling lovely things to happen. A friend got in touch wanting to see me, an employment agency I had worked for got in touch to see how I was and to let me know they had me in their thoughts and a fun singing activity came my way which I enjoyed and took part in. By the time the singing activity came along, I was saying to Jesus 'Oh, I am really looking forward to this Jesus. And, my joy was back.

It is easy to write these things of as coincidence, but I have so many of them, and in abundance. And even more so now that I am utterly dependent on God, or if they were always there they now have a clarity which they never had before. Often they are responses to me trying to fit in too much, or not being able to afford things, and amazingly He sweeps things out of the way, out of my diary without me having to lift a finger. He even does before I fear things getting out of control. And, it's all the time. He is continually preserving my sanity!

He's a good, good Father and sometimes He needs us to be still, when we are unable to resolve things for ourselves, yes, even desperate, so that He can show us just how good He is.

Letting Him be Father is probably the best learning curve you can go on. Let Him take care of the little details and show you how much He cares about the little things, and write it down at the time. What you asked for, the big prayers, the little prayers, so that you can look back and see just how much He was with you, even when the chips were down.

And, here's a song:

Chris Tomlin 'Good Good Father.'



Comments

Popular Posts