Try floating

Have you heard of The Well in Leamington Spa?

They are amazingly blessed and annointed people who offer a healing ministry, and who bring guidance and light to many.

I have been to see them a few times during the darkest times of my life and have always found reassurance and strength in my visits. I recall a visit over a year ago, and I found the image given quite useful and wonder if, given the present time, you might too.

At the time it felt like everything was against me. My life appeared to be falling apart, not just one thing, but multiple things and I was struggling. For sure I kept my faith but it was assaulted on all sides by circumstance and I was at the end of my tether.

During prayer ministry one of the team said to me that they had an image of me treading water furiously, trying to do all the right things and keep my head above water.

How often do we try and right the ship ourselves and become overwhelmed when everything just appears to be out of control? Instead I was encouraged to float.

Yes, amidst the surging waves and 'danger' around me, I was encouraged to float. Floating implies 'resting'. God was wanting me to life my chin and see him and that while I was being caught up in a maelstrom, God could see the bigger picture.

I can't imagine what any of you reading this are going through in your lives. I can imagine, current situation as it is, you have had hard times, but I want to encourage you with the image that encouraged me.

In the midst of it all, He is still our God, and we can call Him Father.

God Bless.

Comments

Popular Posts