God makes good in the darkness

If there is one thing I have discovered in recent times is the evidence other God not only shows His kindness in small ways, but in the slower evolving things as part of a much bigger picture.

I read today how lock down has helped people nurture and cherish their family connections. We may be poorer financially, we may be facing all sorts of strife, but there are some golden threads that God is weaving gradually into our lives that aligns with His hope for us. It may not be closer familial bonds for all, it could be other things but it certainly brought to mind my own family connections. Needless to say, my busyness of the past, my tendency to over commit, the time I take to understand things from my parents' point of views, just how much they have been on my side, despite the challenges has caused a greater appreciation.

I thought my parents didn't really understand who I was, or really knew me. I'm not sure I understood who I was. But time spent in lock down has started to bring about greater understanding and a desire to communicate and help beyond the 'how are you doing?' 'yes, i'm doing this that and the other'.

Finally it seems we have found ways to help each other, I take lunch down to my parents to help my mum out, she has helped me with a bit of money contributing towards petrol and the food costs because she knows money is more challenging right now. Family is dependence and love - my mum has come to cherish the food because it gives her a break from catering and caring, I have come to accept the bits of cash because I hardly have any to spare, when previously I wouldn't accept any from them. It is gradually evolving into a relationship of mutual dependence and understanding, into a space which I cannot see, but if God is involved, and He is, will prove to be far more beautiful than I can imagine.

I hope that you can see similar evolving patterns in your lives. They may not be quick answers to prayer, but perhaps they are the start of something that was long overdue, as yet not having a big tangible, but that can now be seen as offering a new hopeful path towards something that will prosper us.

Isaiah 43:15

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

God's trinity is based on dependence and love, and He models that interdependence between the three and God sure loves His family. Is it any wonder then that He values family, be it blood relations, or the wider Church family that He may use these times to strengthen the ties that may have frayed in places, or perhaps held people together well in the very first place.

Comments

Popular Posts