The Lord Is My Shepherd

Such a well known passage in the bible, but it happened literally for me, not so long ago.

I had spent, what could have been 2 years, painstakingly paying off my debts, legacy of my past and poor money management. I kind of had come to the conclusion in September that I was looking at six more months and then I would be free. And then on my birthday I came into enough money that I could pay everything off six months early. I remember the day, my parents turned up, it was my birthday, and they handed me a cheque, which I inititally refused but they were adamant.


Suddenly things I thought I would have to wait for, and had accepted as such, were no longer on the backburner. Mum and Dad left and I opened a devotional book to the prayer that I was meant to say that day.. And it said...


"The Lord Is My Shepherd, I shall not want..."

Comments

Popular Posts