The Story of The Pink Bible

The baptism which I talk about in my last blog occurred at the end of June, only 4 months ago and my journey ever since been punctuated by amazing and reassuring experiences. One of the most heartwarming, given that it is so visual in nature, is the Little Miracle of the Pink Bible...


Somewhat surprised by my recent experience, I decided to try out Church going again at St Aldates, Oxford, and found myself baffled by the informal less conservative nature of worship, but also touched emotionally by something else entirely, that feeling like my heart was melting, and despite struggling with a sense of unworthiness, God was continuing to tell me that He loved me. And, He was winning...!

It was at one such service, that I decided to buy a bible, but not any old colour - I wanted a PINK coloured one and so off I went to find one after service. It was no good however, I was looking through these bookshelves, and nothing seemed right and I was getting fed up and said to God "It's no good God, it ain't gonna happen unless it's pink, and now I have to go online, and buy there and it will take a week at least, and I wanted to start reading about you tonight..."...  I am very impatient in nature, and whilst I decided to go to another second bookshop, that would basically be it... If you can't find it almost immediately, you may as well forget it, has often dictated my behaviour in the past...

It goes without saying that there was one little pink bible at the next shop, and of course I was a pretty happy customer...

However there was something specific about this particular bible that made me realise that not only was this a unique experience, but that my Father, whom I was just starting to find out about, had a warm sense of humour... The night before,  I had been looking through some pictures of some travels I had taken through Japan some years back. One of them was a picture of pink Japanese cherryblossom, dotted all over some tree branches, nothing else, just the branches and pink cherryblossom, so so beautiful and my friends that know me that I LOVE FLOWERS AND GARDENS... but there is something about the Japanese cherryblossom that is truly exquisite... so that night I decided to make it my Facebook profile picture and I distinctly remember saying to God, "Of all the things in the world, this speaks to me of the things that is most beautiful in your creation..."

This solitary pink bible, that I found the next day, was not only pink, but had pictures of pink Japanese cherry blosson dotted on tree branches adorning the pages... Nothing else, just the branches and pink cherryblossom...

Comments

Popular Posts