Gradually Taking Part...

The timing of my integration into my new Church has been perfect so far... Like the timing of everything else that God has managed so far, the timing of my return to father, the timing of my house and now the Church and me taking part and helping out in the community.

I had so far had lovely interactions with others, talked to the staff, and been gifted with being put in touch with a future gardening buddy but I had had times when I wondered whether the Church itself was right for me, whether I should be somewhere else, how much they wanted me to be involved, whether they didn't mind to much what level involvement I had.... I knew that I would need a good prod to help out with things, but no responsibilities of any kind had come my way. I suppose I wanted people who cared enough to help me past that point of just turning up on a Sunday...

... God knew of this of course and on Christmas Eve service, I was asked to hand out leaflets. A little task but the first time I had been asked to do anything.

On Sunday I was asked to do a reading in Genesis before the preacher took over...


Although I was nervous I was pleased, that I was being accepted, that my hopes to be more a part of the community were starting to be realised, that although these were little things, they were big things to me...

Would being offered these opportunities earlier been for the best for me? No, probably not. Would larger opportunities and responsibilities been a good idea than the ones I had had until now. I very much doubt it...

God, just knows what is best, He hands out some really cool opportunities in His own perfect timing...

Thankyou so much Father for the little things You hand out to me. Everything is so perfect and a measure of Your perfect grace!

I love you
Louise

Comments

Popular Posts