Singleness and The Privilege Of More Time With The Father

As soon you feel 'normal' again, I found myself wanting the 'normal' things in life, actually quite natural things, a husband, a son, a little family of my own... I am single currently and have come to realise that right now this has been for my very best and to feel thankful for it...

Today I realised that God had saved me from the things that enslaved my mind, to learn from Him. He has given me time, to resculpt me the way He wants me to be, to hang out with Him, to allow Him to be my Father, Husband, Lord, Master and Friend, to open up the ways of the Bible and how changing my ways of thinking... That to be single now and have time to do those things is a privilege and a gift which will also hopefully make me a better person and a little more in the way He wants. To throw additional distractions in the way of one who has just come to experience such Grace, would jeopardise that spiritual growth that has been planned and the wholeness of self and wholesomeness of heart.

It's not that the natural things you might want disappear, or that they might not happen, but that God is your salvation and fulfils all those roles in your life that you need, that dependence on an outcome puts that outcome before God. He knows what is right and best for you and He has not failed me in anything He has done for me because He and what He does is perfect. It is me and what I do that falls woefully short of how I want to be for Him, but He understands, and each day I dust myself off, and try to remember to ask God to help me behave in a way that honours Him the following day.

Thankyou Father for the privilege of spending time with you, and enjoying life with you as central to it. I pray that I will increasingly turn to You and learn Your ways, and behave in a way that does You honour more and more each day...

Love
Louise

Comments

  1. I hope you are well, Louise!! Happy and Blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm great thanks and you too, your posts are great! We haven't got you over to mine yet - I'll write to you separately. Love louise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts