God Gifts Us to Bless Others

I think this must be the most beautiful of gifts, when God allows you to come across others who you can bless in some way...

This happened to me over the last few weeks or so, when someone who was new showed up at our Church, and I went and sat next to them, and chatted, wanting to make sure they were ok. It turned out they had tried a few Churches and hadn't found what they were looking for.... They left before the end saying something like, they would probably come back....

A week later they turned up and so I sat next to them, chatting where I could wanting to make them feel at home, and praying for them. They seemed touched by the service, left at the end but said "I'll definitely see you next week..."

I hoped that they could make our Church their home, but I also hoped that wherever God had planend for them He would settle them there and bless them.

A week later no sight of them... I started to doubt.. Had I put them off by being too friendly? Why didn't we have a more established system of making new people feel welcome? What was wrong?

I didn't take it personally, I just assumed our Church wasn't for them, but God was on the case... and today the lady in questioned tapped me on my shoulder and said hello, and we chatted, and said she was glad that she could just come up to me and talk to me. In other words, it seems, she decided to stick with it and keep coming... And the smile on her face...

... It made my evening...

When God gives you the opportunity to bless someone, it is like He has personally commissioned you because he knows that He can work through you to bless someone else. That to me, is like having status with God. It is such an honour.

When He partners with you in this way, to bless others,  there is nothing He cannot do....

Thankyou Father that you gave me the gift of blessing someone, that they feel like they can make somewhere there home today.

I am also sorry for the days when I don't bless people as much as I should and pray that I will be sensitive to Your calling for this so I can do Your name honour whenever You ask.







Comments

Popular Posts