"Read My Word..."

I had been getting quite frustrated with myself for not hanging out with God enough, for getting distracted by trying to do lots of stuff... I knew I fell woefully short, and so I prayed as earnestly as I could about this last night and decided to read some Joyce Meyer afterwards to show that I could commit the time away from worldy things...

Now don't me wrong, any content that helps you grow in faith is a good thing, but it is not a substitute for the Real Thing, and God's Revelation back to me, a command, an instruction, nothing verbose, straightforward, to the point, no doubt about it, no conflicts, concise, which is how I know how to separate God talking to me from my own thoughts and ruminations...

"Read My Word."

Emphasis on My, as this is how that message came back to me. It meant to read the Bible, that reading anything else, whilst having its own merits is not a substitute for reading the Bible, for reading God's word directly.

... And so I read, I read about Jesus compassion for the crowds and how he ensured that they had enough to eat in Mark 6 and Mark 8. It felt more nourishing to read from the Bible and the part in Mark 8 where Jesus shows compassion and concern for the crowds is a bit of a treasure for me...

Mark 8:2

"I feel sorry for these people, because they have been with me for three days and now have nothing to eat. If I send them home without feeding them, they will faint as they go, because some of them come a long way..."

Here Jesus nourishes people through God's word and then through food. He takes care of them in every way. I didn't have to walk nearly so far to pick up my Bible... it was there, waiting, to nourish my soul, for me to feed from.

Father thankyou that Your Word is accessible to me, help me follow You as My Teacher, and to follow Your Word directly.

Love
Louise

Comments

Popular Posts