Are you interruptable? Continuing notes on my community ...

This is something that has been hovering around in the background of my mind a bit recently. In fact I have just googled about it and this post came to my attention:

http://www.soulshepherding.org/2013/05/the-interruptible-jesus/

I am being reminded ( on numerous occasions) by an old lady on my street that she'd like another dinner evening. Like all of us she wants people around her and company.

It is easy to be charitable and kind to people when we are in control, when we feel our house is tidy and clean, when we are not expecting anyone around, when we haven't got a huge chore list.

But love is patient and kind, and, interruptable.

In our home group meeting we went into small two person huddles to talk about faithfulness on the frontline and how things were going. We talked about how Jesus was interruptable.

Today I was eating my lunch. I was eating a dessert. The old lady appeared on my doorstep needing a lift. No one else could do it. I recall being slightly frustrated at being pulled away from lunch. I did however, give, her a lift, she has poor mobility and no form of transport could get there unless she had taken a taxi.

Earlier that day I felt God had wanted me to go and see her. I will soon I thought. But she came my doorstep instead. She was God's opportunity on my doorstep.

Did I act with grace and kindness and patience? Believe me whilst it was okay for now, it was nowhere near good enough and that will change with help from Jesus. Because you see, everything matters: your attitude, your actions, the way you say things, everything ... Those who knock on your door needing help, especially those who knock on it repeatedly, really need Jesus and you are what Jesus has to reach them. Imperfect as you are. So you see, everything matters ...

Comments

Popular Posts