He will cover you with His Feathers (Psalm 91:4) - An image and a reminder of His protection

This is just a short and hurried post but I will try and fill it out further because right now I feel quite tired  (but in a good way).

A friend took me to this wonderful place

http://www.wellhealing.org/

I have not been away on any spiritual retreat really, so it was a novel experience for me and to be honest I was not sure what I would get out of it - I thought maybe God would tell me off for something I just wasn't sure :)

Certainly as I am wrestling with how best to be fruitful in redundancy it has given me more time to spend with God and in recent times I have prayed for more wholeness and healing to be of more use to God.

It was a little surprise to me to find some aspects of my early life crop up and cause me some emotional pain. Stuff I thought I had dealt with.

So I find myself in a lovely room with a friend, in the lovely town of Leamington Spa, eyes close to welling, because I feel that God is about for me and anyone who needs Him there. And because I felt vulnerable.

I may or may not have mentioned in prior posts that becoming a Christian was a little challenging, not least because I had had an addiction ( part of my OCD which I used to suffer from in a big way) to unhelpful means of self-help which largely manifested in clairvoyant readings and all things that are not of God. These then added to my shame and hatred of myself and at the time caused me debt issues.

When I was in the process of finding my way back to God I went through a little mental anguish ( well sometimes it was quite a lot actually) but it was interspersed with some wonderful revelations from God. At one such point I felt the need to switch of my PC and pray - and so I did with very few breaks for about an hour and half. Suddenly I felt this frightening yet reassuring presence in my house ( I say frightening because it was so powerful) and reassuring because it was there to be protect me and for a while ( maybe a day or so) I felt like I was being protected under wings, under feathers. It was a very clear distinct feeling.

I did not know the Bible passage about God protecting you under feathers at the time. Actually I did not know much about the Bible at all really.

In any case for the healing prayer at Wells, I mentioned this moment to the people I was with and they looked at each other and I thought that's strange maybe they are just associating it with a Bible passage.

As it happened they told me afterwards that one of them had had an image/vision of a feather but more than that features protecting from top to toe and were given a piece of scripture relating to God's protection providing a covering for His own under His wings. The message was that God is still there, is still constant, is still protecting me from top to toe with His feathers, and that there is nothing that is exposed. Nothing has changed. As I was being prayed for I pictured a little girl of 2 or 3, under an angel's wings and then Jesus appearing holding out His hand. This is how I pictured it anyway. I later entitled that picture "Safely delivered to Jesus" on my way home.

I am not very good at drawing but I know a friend who is, so I am hoping I can describe it to them so they can draw it, and then I will post it here if they kindly agree to draw it.

Father thank You for Your revelation. I cannot do life without You and Your protection. Even though this was something You spoke to me about I hope that it can help others who may read this and are needing Your reassurance that they are under Your wings. I love You.










Comments

Popular Posts